Thursday, May 28, 2009

Closing the door.

So tonight is the night that we moved our last bits and pieces out of the old house.
We moved the majority of the stuff into storage, only bringing what we need to my parents house.
Don't let that fool you, we have a LOT of stuff at my parents.

It is bittersweet to be out of the house but Laila is happy as a little clam at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
She gets all the attention she can handle and more hugs/kisses than she would like sometimes. :)
She has her own bed and all her toys. Life is good in her world.

We found out that the 6-8 week estimation to get the assumption finished will be between June 26 and July 10th.
We are hoping and pray it is on the early end, but preparing for the latest date.
We have found a few houses we would be interested in putting offers in on, but who knows if they will still be on the market come 2 months. If not, I am sure a new slew of houses will be there for us to peruse.

Steve and I decided we will take our belated honeymoon to Hawaii for our anniversary in a few years.
We want to get our housing situated and we want to be able to save up for the trip of our dreams.
We didn't get to go on a honeymoon due to our situation, so we owe it to ourselves to do something big and fun!

In other news, I dont think I have ever shared the fact that my brother and his fiance and expecting a baby! I am pretty excited to find out what they are having. I think it is a girl. Laila thinks it is a boy. We will see who is right. :) They are due in early November (forgive me I can't remember the exact date). They are getting married August 2010 so plenty of time in between baby and wedding for Monique to get back into shape for her perfect wedding gown. It is stunning! I had the chance to go see it in person and it looked like perfection!

Also, I start classes on Monday. So that will keep me pretty busy. Steve has said he wants to start posting stuff, we will see if he follows through! :) I think he should. Laila does and I do...he needs to chime in. AND, I still can't find the cord for the camera.
That is what is up with the lack of pictures of my perfect, roly-poly baby girl. But I think I found a way to do it, so I will try that this weekend.

Sorry for the randomness of this post. That is just the way my brain has been functioning lately! Scary!

No comments: